From Outscape Wiki
Scanners detect objects in space. Ship Scanners are needed for every ship to get built. You can't research a new ship Blueprint without a ship scanner put on it.
Normal Ship scanners operate like planetary scanners with a scanner range (the space outside the inner circle) and the sensor range.
- Scanner range allows you only to see fleets and labels them as UFO's
- Sensor range (The inner circle), will show you at mouse-over the amount of ships in the fleet, the fleet name, and who owns it.
When a fleet is in sensor range you can take a look at what kinds of ships are in the fleet and the modules they have equipped.
Ship scanners cannot detect:
- cloaked fleets;
- fleets inside a star system the ship is not, or fleets inside the same star system but in orbit of a planet that the ship is not.
There are also two specialised scanners that allow you to see cloaked ships and minefields:
They can only be equipped on a Corvette class ships. When you add these modules they have the effect of enhancing a ships sensor range (not the scanner range) to see mines and cloaked fleets.
This link takes you to the Planetary Scanners which operate just like ship scanners, but have increased range.
|Image||Name||Level||Research||Size||PC||Scanner Range (LY)||Sensor Range (LY)||Fa||Credits|
|Wide Range Scanner||3||S||75||25||10||450||2,500|
|Wide Range Scanner||3||M||75||25||10||450||2,500|
|Wide Range Scanner||3||L||75||25||10||450||2,500|
- Level: the tech-level
- Research: the technology that must be researched to unlock this item for use
- Size: Small, Medium or Large
- PC (Power Consumption MWt): quantity of ship's power that will be consumed
- Scanner Range (LY): range that can detect positions of star systems and fleets
- Sensor Range (LY): range that can additionally detect planets and fleet intel
- Fa (Farsu): cost in farsu (added to ship total farsu cost)
- Credits: cost in credits (added to ship total credit cost)