Research and Technology
From Outscape Wiki
Research technology to unlock new items e.g. ships, parts, buildings (hover a technology to see what it unlocks). The research screen is opened from the top right of the main UI.
For an individual listing of the various Techs in game see Technologies
- You should start researching technology immediately. It doesn’t cost anything and continues in the background - even if you’re offline.
- Click technologies on the technology tree to add them to the queue (up to 5 can be queued).
- Technology can only be queued if the technologies it depends on have already been researched or added to the queue.
- Research of the next technology in the queue starts automatically after research of the current technology completes.
- Technologies with a higher Research Difficulty take longer to research
- Science Power determines how quickly research completes (displayed in the top left of the main UI)
- Increase your Science Power by constructing laboratories on your colonies (you'll need to research SCIENCE PRACTISE to unlock them)
- Keep Auto Research enabled to ensure research never stops
- If all queued research completes while you’re offline, your scientists automatically choose and research tech until you queue more
- Auto Research only activates if the queue becomes empty and you can continue to add technology to the queue while it's enabled
Important early technologies
The following technologies are critical if your empire is to grow:
|Space Colonization||0.5||Colonizer, Colonization module|
|Science Practice||0.1||Laboratories (level 1)|
|Industrial Use of Limbalt||5.0||Limbalt mine (level 1)|
|Ziryl-90 Fusion||5.0||Ziryl mine (level 1)|