From Outscape Wiki
Pirates are NPCs (non-player characters) that provide a PvE (player versus environment) challenge in Outscape.
Pirate fleets vary in size and strength and can be found throughout a galaxy: lurking within a planet's orbit, scouting a star system, or travelling through deep space. Each pirate fleet that spawns originally stems from the planetary system(s) of a particular player, and they will focus their attention against that player's empire. The size of the pirate fleets that spawn is relative to that player, and future fleets will increase in strength in line with the player's own, from lone frigates to a maximum of 11 ships.
They will quite often attack - particularly if they deem a ship or fleet to be an easy target - and voluntarily engaging them in battle has its risks. For successfully destroying a pirate fleet, players are rewarded with farsu and ziryl, both useful ship-building materials which can be salvaged from the Wreckage of the destroyed fleet. The quantity received is relative to the size of the pirate fleet, with 70K farsu and 17K ziryl awarded for the largest pirate targets. Any player can attack any pirate fleet (and earn rewards for destroying them).
All Pirate ships are fitted with Minesweeping modules that, in theory, allow them to clear and pass safely through minefields. However, Pirate fleets are currently unable to use these sweepers, and can be damaged (but not necessarily destroyed) by player-laid minefields. Fleet-to-fleet combat is the only truly effective way to destroy pirate fleets, and they remain an active threat to a player until they are destroyed.
Pirate Hull Data
|Sparrow||Frigate||5||1||120||145||4 x M||3||-||4||-||-||-||-||1|
|Blackbird||Frigate||8||1||340||240||4 x S||3||2||-||2||2||-||-||-||-||1|
|Fantasma||Frigate||14||1||640||450||4 x L||1||6||-||6||-||-||-||-||1|
- Flag (Flagship level): determines the size of the fleet this hull can support
- Tech (Tech-level): shipyards can only work with hulls of the same tech-level or below as themselves
- Armour: the default strength of this hull (some pirate ships are fitted with additional armour so their actual armour total can be higher)
- Length: length in meters
- Engines: engine configuration (read more)
- SG (Small general slots): general slots can be used for cargo, fuel tanks, shields, etc.
- MG (Medium general slots): general slots can be used for cargo, fuel tanks, shields, etc.
- LG (Large general slots): general slots can be used for cargo, fuel tanks, shields, etc.
- SW (Small weapon slots): weapon slots can be used to mount weapons e.g. plasma cannons, missile launchers, etc.
- MW (Medium weapon slots): weapon slots can be used to mount weapons e.g. plasma cannons, missile launchers, etc.
- LW (Large weapon slots): weapon slots can be used to mount weapons e.g. plasma cannons, missile launchers, etc.
- CW (Fighter carrier slots): large weapon slots also compatible with fighter carriers (not orbital bombers)
- OW (Orbital bomber weapon slots): large weapon slots also compatible with orbital bombers (not fighter carriers)
- MI (Minelayer): slots compatible with minelayers
- SP (Small special slots): small slots compatible with mine detectors, minesweepers, cloak detectors and cloaking modules