From Outscape Wiki(Redirected from Minesweeper Module)
- For sole detection of enemy minefields, see Mine Detectors.
Minesweepers are a type of special ship module used to both detect and remove enemy minefields.
- Minesweeper modules are only compatible with Corvette-class hulls.
- Two types of Minesweeper module are available, and must be unlocked through the relevant research. Higher-tier Minesweepers remove minefields more quickly.
- Minesweepers require fuel (olzine) to activate, and will not function without it.
- The flagship of a fleet must have a Minesweeper module installed in order for that fleet to sweep minefields. Having multiple ships equipped with Minesweepers in a sweeping fleet does not improve their effectiveness (their sweeping abilities do not stack). However, multiple sweeping fleets (each led by an active minesweeper) do stack against enemy minefields, and can thus clear them more quickly than a single fleet would.
- An activated Minesweeper will reveal any enemy minefields present in the flagship's Sensor radius, and after entering a minefield will automatically begin decreasing its density after a short delay. The sweeping fleet is free to move while doing this, and will not take damage from an enemy minefield while its minesweeper is engaged. If the sweeping fleet is attacked and survives, the minesweeper must be manually re-activated.
- When multiple minefields are laid on top of each other, minesweepers sweep the most powerful minefield first (every 15 minutes they check if another minefield in the stack is then more powerful and will switch to sweeping it if so).
|Image||Name||Level||Research||Size||PC||Density per Hr||Hours per 100%||Fuel to activate||Runs for (H)||Fa||Credits|
- Name: The module's name.
- Level: The module's tech-level.
- Research: The technology that must be researched to unlock this module for use.
- Size: Small, Medium or Large.
- PC: Ship Power consumption in MWt.
- Fuel: Olzine required for module activation.
- Density per Hr: Proportion of a minefield swept per hour.
- Hours per 100%: Time required to completely sweep a single minefield starting at 100% density, in hours.
- Runtime: Duration of module activity in sweeping minefields, in hours.
- Fa: Module cost in farsu (added to ship total build cost).
- Credits: Module cost in credits (added to ship total build cost).