From Outscape Wiki
Revision as of 20:17, 15 November 2019 by SternguardJake
A glossary of common abbreviations and jargon used by Outscape players.
- AoE – Area of Effect, typically of explosive weapons.
- Base – Military Bases.
- Bots - Syntis.
- Bomber – ships/weapons used for orbital bombardments.
- Cats/Kitties – Ripchee.
- Civ – Civilization/Major Faction.
- CoI - Center of Influence.
- Creds – Credits.
- DPS – Damage Per Second dealt by a weapon.
- Evos – Evolvanians.
- Giants – Mountain Giants.
- HW – Home World (the player’s starting planet).
- Hydro – Hydro Adjustment Station.
- IDA – IDA Games, the developers of Outscape.
- LY – Light Year, a unit of measurement of astronomical distances.
- Main - the Main galaxy, much larger than Skirmish and intended for a slower pace of play.
- MWt – Megawatt thermal, a unit of thermal power generation used by Power Stations and ship Engines.
- ODS - Orbital Defence System.
- PR – The People's Realm.
- Skirmish - the Skirmish galaxy, with closer player proximity and faster gameplay.
- Skregs - Skregons.
- Squids - Akorokken.
- Toasters – Syntis (pejorative).