From Outscape Wiki
Cloaking modules render entire fleets invisible to enemy scanners. You'll be able to lay an ambush for an enemy, or sneak up to another player's homeworld to gain valuable intel on them.
- All playable civilizations can unlock access to cloaking technology (cloaking and cloak detecting modules).
- You can install cloaking modules ONLY on Corvette class ships
- Cloaking modules consume a ship's fuel (Olzine) and cannot function without it
- Engaging in battle deactivates the cloaking device
Cloaking modules can be accessed and used very early in the game. To be able to cloak your ships and fleets you need to:
- Research Radiation-absorbent waves (which will unlock cloaking modules).
- Construct a ship with installed cloaking module and enough fuel tanks to activate it.
- Activate the cloak! If your ship is part of a fleet the cloak will include the rest of the fleet - not just the ship on which the cloaking module is installed.
Activating the cloak
- You can activate cloaking on the ship/fleet control using the button on the right, third from the top.
- Cloak activation consumes a ship's fuel. The ammount needed depends from the version of installed cloaking module.
In the above image, you can see a cloaked ship travelling in space.
Cloaking can be toggled on or off on the ship/fleet control using the button on the right, third from the top. It's currently green, indicating the cloak is active. The ETA: -2d.5h.32m.45sec. indicates how long the cloak can remain on based on cloaking module (after this time it will automatically deactivate).
If a cloaked ship/fleet initiates an attack, cloaking is automatically deactivated.
Сloak detecting modules will enable you to see cloaked ships/fleets within detection range.
To gain access to cloak detecting modules you need to:
- Research Gravity distortion technology
- Build a ship from a blueprint that includes a cloak detecting module
Any cloaked ships/fleets that pass within that ships detection radius will be visible to you (the owner of the cloaked ship will have no idea they are visible to you).
- Level: the tech-level
- Research: the technology that must be researched to unlock this item for use
- Size: Small, Medium or Large
- PC (Power Consumption MWt): quantity of ship's power that will be consumed
- Cloaking Time: how long the module can keep the fleet cloaked for
- Detecting Time: how long the module can remain active for in detecting cloaked fleets
- Fa (Farsu): cost in farsu (added to ship total farsu cost)
- Credits: cost in credits (added to ship total credit cost)
- Build: build time in seconds (added to ship total build time)