Transferring a planet
From Outscape Wiki
Player's can indirectly transfer ownership of a planet to another player by standing down its ground defenses. Any player can then colonize a planet with a regular colonizer to take ownership of it while its ground defenses are stood down.
Ground defense status
- A planet's ground defenses are on alert by default
- While ground defenses are on alert, any orbit defense systems installed will automatically defend the planet's orbit and the colony's inhabitants will defend the colony against an invasion attempt
- The only way for another player to take the planet from the owner while ground defenses are on alert is through a successful ground invasion
- Click the button to stand down ground defenses
- While a planet's ground defenses are stood down:
- Orbit defense systems won't defend the planet's orbit and the colonists will not resist a change of administration
- Any other player can colonize the planet with a regular colonizer to take ownership of it (it isn't necessary or possible to launch an invasion)
- If there are 2 civ populations on the planet different to the colonizing player's civ, the smallest of the 2 civ populations will be 'displaced' (replaced by the colonizing player's civ and no longer shown on the planet management screen)
- Guard mode for fleets isn't disabled when a planet's ground defenses are stood down, so unless a player wants an encroaching colonizer to be attacked, any fleets should be moved out of orbit
- Ground defenses can be put back on alert at any time by clicking the button again (other players would no longer be able to colonize the planet to take ownership of it).
- Only players that are informed by the owner (e.g. via discord) or have a fleet in orbit will know that a planet's ground defenses have been stood down (to players that can see the planet but aren't in orbit it will show as colonized)