For the structure used to support only the player's chosen Major Faction, see Farms.
Bio-farms are an advanced type of farm that increase the population size a colony can support of each organic Population on that planet (a normal farm only supports the player's own Major Faction).
- A bio-farm supports all organic populations on that planet: primary and secondary populations, the player's own Faction if they are playing an organic Major Faction, and Minor Factions. If a bio-farm supports 10,000 Population and there are two organic populations, the total supported would be 20,000.
- Each additional bio-farm further increases the population sizes that can be supported, until the population size reaches the planet's limit.
- Level 1, 2 and 3 bio-farms can be unlocked by performing the relevant research.
- Existing bio-farms can be upgraded to the level above (if that level has been unlocked through research).
- It's not possible to construct a level 2 or 3 bio-farm directly - only a level 1 (which can then be upgraded).
|Research to unlock
|| Organic Synthesis
|| Food Synthesis Factories
|| Global Food Production
|Civilization specific names
- Level 1, 2 and 3 bio-farms each need to be unlocked separately by researching the relevant technology (see 'Research to unlock' in the table above).
Constructing and upgrading
- Level 1 bio-farms can be constructed directly.
- Level 2 bio-farms can be built only by upgrading a level 1 bio-farm.
- Level 3 bio-farms can be built only by upgrading a level 2 bio-farm.
Stats & Upgrade Costs
|Mankind||Small Bio-Farm||1||Medium Bio-Farm||10,000||5,000||0||25||3,000||2,000||720|
|Mankind||Medium Bio-Farm||2||Large Bio-Farm||15,000||5,000||0||25||6,000||6,000||3,600|
|People's Realm||Small Bio-Farm||1||Medium Bio-Farm||10,000||5,000||0||25||3,000||2,000||720|
|People's Realm||Medium Bio-Farm||2||Large Bio-Farm||15,000||5,000||0||25||6,000||6,000||3,600|
|People's Realm||Large Bio-Farm||3||-||25,000||5,000||0||25||9,000||18,000||18,000|
|Ripchee||Small Bio-Farm||1||Medium Bio-Farm||10,000||5,000||0||25||3,000||2,000||720|
|Ripchee||Medium Bio-Farm||2||Large Bio-Farm||15,000||5,000||0||25||6,000||6,000||3,600|
|Syntis||Small Bio-Farm||1||Medium Bio-Farm||10,000||5,000||0||25||3,000||2,000||720|
|Syntis||Medium Bio-Farm||2||Large Bio-Farm||15,000||5,000||0||25||6,000||6,000||3,600|
- Level: the tech-level of the bio-farm
- Upgrade: whether the bio-farm can be upgraded to a higher level or not
- Supports: number of organic colonists that can be sustained
- Personnel: number of colonists required to operate (contributes to employment)
- Desirability: effect on colony happiness
- PC (Power Consumption MWt): amount of colony power required
- Be (Beron): cost in beron
- Credits: cost in credits
- Build: build time in seconds