From Outscape Wiki
- For the structures used to provide scanner visibility, see Planetary Scanners.
Ship Scanners are a critical ship component in Outscape, being required to detect objects in space.
Along with Engines, a Ship Scanner is mandatory in every Ship Design - it is impossible to design and construct a ship without one. When fitted, ship scanners grant visibility both within a Star System and the wider galaxy. They operate as Planetary Scanners do, with both a scanner range (the outer circle) and the sensor range (the inner circle).
There are also three specialised Corvette Modules that, in conjunction with scanners, will allow a fleet to detect cloaked ships and minefields. These are the Cloak Detector, Mine Detector and Minesweeper respectively.
These can only be equipped on Corvette-class hulls. When these modules are activated, they have the effect of enhancing a ship's sensor range (the inner circle) to see cloaked fleets and minefields respectively (Minesweepers can also clear minefields). Hence, ships using these modules should also make use of upgraded Scanners to maximise their coverage.
|Image||Name||Level||Research||Size||PC||Scanner Range (LY)||Sensor Range (LY)||Fa||Credits|
|Wide Range Scanner||3||S||75||25||10||450||2,500|
|Wide Range Scanner||3||M||75||25||10||450||2,500|
|Wide Range Scanner||3||L||75||25||10||450||2,500|
- Name: The module's name.
- Level: The module's tech-level.
- Research: The technology that must be researched to unlock this module for use.
- Size: Small, Medium or Large.
- PC: Ship Power consumption in MWt.
- Scanner Range: Module's scanner range, for detecting positions of star systems and fleets in light years (LY).
- Sensor Range: Module's sensor range, that can additionally detect planets and fleet intel in light years (LY).
- Fa: Module cost in farsu (added to ship total build cost).
- Credits: Module cost in credits (added to ship total build cost).