Ballistic and Missile weapons require the ship that carries them to have a supply of Ammo. This is in the form of Limbalt carried in a specialised Ammo module.
Limbalt is processed in the modules to actual ammunition at an exchange rate of 1 Limbalt = 5 Ammo.
Each weapon will list how much Ammo (sometimes referred to as "Shells") they need per volley. These are all drawn from the common pool and you do not need to add Ammo modules for each weapon or type of weapon. One size will fit all.
It is vitally important to make sure you have added at least one Ammo Module to a new ship design if it contains any Ballistic or Missile weapons. If you don't or you forget to charge it, the weapons will not even fire once. On that subject be very sure to double check that the Ammo has filled up from the shipyard planets supply of Limbalt before relying on that ship. It can be that if the ship cannot charge ALL of its Consumables None of them charge at all. So when commissioning a new ship check manually before sending it on a mission!
|Small Extended Ordnance||2||S||450||180||270||0|
|Medium Extended Ordnance||2||M||1,350||540||810||0|
|Large Extended Ordnance||2||L||3,150||1,260||2100||0|
- Level: the tech-level
- Research: the technology that must be researched to unlock this item for use
- Size: Small, Medium or Large
- Capacity: how much weaponized limbalt can be stored
- Fa (Farsu): cost in farsu (added to ship total farsu cost)
- Credits: cost in credits (added to ship total credit cost)
- Build: build time in seconds (added to ship total build time)