From Outscape Wiki
Power Stations provide the energy necessary for a colony and its structures to function.
- The colony's power balance shows the total power available and how much of it is being consumed
- A colony can only construct more structures if there is enough power available
- Constructing additional power stations will increase the total power available to a colony
- Level 1 power stations are available to a player from the start of a game (they don't need to be researched)
- Level 2 and 3 power stations can be unlocked by performing the relevant research
- Existing power stations can be upgraded to the level above (if that level has been unlocked through research)
- It's not possible to construct a level 2 or 3 power station directly - only a level 1 (which can then be upgraded)
Colony Power Balance
A colony's power balance is shown on the bottom right of the planet management screen.
- The above image shows that 760 out of the total 800 MWt available is being consumed by the colony
- The total available power could be increased by constructing additional power stations or by upgrading an existing power station to a level that generates more power e.g. level 1 to level 2, or level 2 to level 3
|Research to unlock||None||Fusion Reactor Efficiency||Magnetized Target Fusion|
|Civilization specific names|
|Mankind||Small Power Station||Power Station||Efficient Power Station|
|People's Realm||Small Power Station||Power Station||Efficient Power Station|
|Ripchee||Small Energy Plant||Energy Plant||Efficient Energy Plant|
|Syntis||TB08M - Power Provider||TB08 - Power Provider||TB08A - Power Provider|
- Each civilization starts off with access to level 1 power stations
- Level 2 and 3 power stations can be unlocked by researching the relevant technology (see 'Research to unlock' in the table above).
Constructing and upgrading
- Level 1 power stations can be constructed directly.
- Level 2 power stations can be built only by upgrading a level 1 power station.
- Level 3 power stations can be built only by upgrading a level 2 power station.
Stats & Upgrade Costs
|Mankind||Small Power Station||1||Power Station||100||4,000||-2||0||2,000||400||720|
|Mankind||Power Station||2||Efficient Power Station||120||4,000||-2||0||2,400||2,000||3,600|
|Mankind||Efficient Power Station||3||-||150||4,000||-2||0||3,000||10,000||18,000|
|People's Realm||Small Power Station||1||Power Station||100||4,000||-2||0||2,000||400||720|
|People's Realm||Power Station||2||Efficient Power Station||120||4,000||-2||0||2,400||2,000||3,600|
|People's Realm||Efficient Power Station||3||-||150||4,000||-2||0||3,000||10,000||18,000|
|Ripchee||Small Energy Plant||1||Energy Plant||100||4,000||-2||0||2,000||400||720|
|Ripchee||Energy Plant||2||Efficient Energy Plant||120||4,000||-2||0||2,400||2,000||3,600|
|Ripchee||Efficient Energy Plant||3||-||150||4,000||-2||0||3,000||10,000||18,000|
|Syntis||TB08M - Power Provider||1||TB08 - Power Provider||100||4,000||-2||0||2,000||400||720|
|Syntis||TB08 - Power Provider||2||TB08A - Power Provider||120||4,000||-2||0||2,400||2,000||3,600|
|Syntis||TB08A - Power Provider||3||-||150||4,000||-2||0||3,000||10,000||18,000|
- Level: the tech-level of the power station
- Upgrade: whether the power station can be upgraded
- Power Generated: additional power (MWt) contributed to colony total
- Personnel: number of colonists required to operate (contributes to employment)
- Desirability: effect on colony happiness
- PC (Power Consumption MWt): amount of colony power required
- Be (Beron): cost in beron
- Credits: cost in credits
- Build: build time in seconds