Player Colony Scanner
From Outscape Wiki(Redirected from Player colony scanner)
The Player Colony Scanner can detect the approximate direction and distance of the nearest colonies belonging to other players.
- The scan is always performed from the player's planet with the largest population. This will often be the player's home world, until another colony's population grows larger. The results are always in relation to the planet performing the scan.
- Up to four colonies can be detected (each belonging to a different player).
- Only the approximate direction and distance away are returned - the colony could be anywhere within that area and may be beyond the player's Scanner coverage. To find the exact location of the detected colony, the player will need to scout the systems and planets in that area.
- Only player colonies can be detected; fleets will not be picked up by this scanner.
- Once detected, it is possible to send a private message to any of the players detected.
Using the Player Scanner
1. Open the player colony scanner from the main menu and click the 'Scan' button.
2. The scanner will begin searching for colony signatures in the surrounding areas.
3. Once the scan is complete the details of the nearest player colonies found are shown on the results panel. Hovering over any of the player names found will highlight on the map their approximate direction.
After a scan had been performed clicking the player colony scanner button on the main menu will toggle showing/hiding the results from the previous scan. Clicking 'Scan again' will perform a new scan.