From Outscape Wiki
This article describes the standard Scanners constructable on any planet. For the unique scanners which may only be built on worlds with a Harpy population, see Harpy Scanners.
Scanners detect objects in space. The outer range (scanner range) can only detect positions of star systems and fleets. The inner range (sensor range) can additionally detect planets and fleet intel.
- Level 1 planetary scanners are available to a player from the start of a game (they don't need to be researched)
- Level 2 and 3 planetary scanners can be unlocked by performing the relevant research
- Existing planetary scanners can be upgraded to the level above (if that level has been unlocked through research)
- It's not possible to construct a level 2 or 3 planetary scanners directly - only a level 1 (which can then be upgraded)
|Research to unlock||None||Advanced Sensory Systems||Neural Analysis of Signal|
|Civilization specific names|
|Mankind||Scanner||Scanner Advanced Sensory System||Scanner Neural Processing|
|People's Realm||Scanner||Scanner Advanced Sensory System||Scanner Neural Processing|
|Ripchee||Scanner||Scanner Advanced Sensory System||Scanner Neural Processing|
|Syntis||TB09 - Scanner||TB09 - Scanner Advanced Sensory System||TB09 - Scanner Neural Processing|
- Each civilization starts off with access to level 1 planetary scanners.
- Level 2 and 3 Planetary scanners can be unlocked by researching the relevant technology (see 'Research to unlock' in the table above).
Constructing and upgrading
- Level 1 planetary scanners can be constructed directly.
- Level 2 planetary scanners can be built only by upgrading a level 1 planetary scanner.
- Level 3 planetary scanners can be built only by upgrading a level 2 planetary scanner.
Stats & Upgrade costs
|Civ||Name||Level||Upgrade||Scanner Range (LY)||Sensor Range (LY)||Personnel||Desirability||PC||Be||Credits||Build|
|Mankind||Scanner||1||Scanner Advanced Sensory System||35||5||10,000||0||200||6,000||2,500||43,200|
|Mankind||Scanner Advanced Sensory System||2||Scanner Neural Processing||35||10||10,000||0||200||12,000||12,500||86,400|
|Mankind||Scanner Neural Processing||3||-||35||15||10,000||0||200||24,000||62,500||129,600|
|People's Realm||Scanner||1||Scanner Advanced Sensory System||35||5||10,000||0||200||6,000||2,500||43,200|
|People's Realm||Scanner Advanced Sensory System||2||Scanner Neural Processing||35||10||10,000||0||200||12,000||12,500||86,400|
|People's Realm||Scanner Neural Processing||3||-||35||15||10,000||0||200||24,000||62,500||129,600|
|Ripchee||Scanner||1||Scanner Advanced Sensory System||35||5||10,000||0||200||6,000||2,500||43,200|
|Ripchee||Scanner Advanced Sensory System||2||Scanner Neural Processing||35||10||10,000||0||200||12,000||12,500||86,400|
|Ripchee||Scanner Neural Processing||3||-||35||15||10,000||0||200||24,000||62,500||129,600|
|Syntis||Scanner Neural Processing||1||Scanner Neural Processing||35||5||10,000||0||200||6,000||2,500||43,200|
|Syntis||Scanner Neural Processing||2||Scanner Neural Processing||35||10||10,000||0||200||12,000||12,500||86,400|
|Syntis||Scanner Neural Processing||3||-||35||15||10,000||0||200||24,000||62,500||129,600|
- Level: the tech-level
- Upgrade: whether the scanner can be upgraded
- Scanner Range (LY): range that can detect positions of star systems and fleets
- Sensor Range (LY): range that can additionally detect planets and fleet intel
- Personnel: number of colonists required to operate (contributes to employment)
- Desirability: effect on colony happiness
- PC (Power Consumption MWt): amount of colony power required
- Be (Beron): cost in beron
- Credits: cost in credits
- Build: build time in seconds