Ship Ordnance is required by all ships using kinetic and/or missile/torpedo weapons in order to fire. This is in the form of Limbalt carried in Ordnance Modules.
- Any ship using Ordnance Weapons, including Minelayers and Orbital Weapons must carry its own onboard supply of ammunition, in the form of weaponized Limbalt stored in Ordnance Modules. Ordnance weapons will not fire without a supply of ammunition.
- Upon constructing a ship with Ordnance Module(s) fitted, these are automatically filled from the colony's limbalt reserves at a flat exchange rate of 1 Limbalt = 1 Ammo.
- Each weapon will list how much ammunition (also referred to as Shells) it consumes per volley. All Ordnance Weapons fitted to a ship, regardless of size or type, will use ammunition from the reserves of that ship.
- Ordnance is not shared between ships in a fleet - each ship must rely on its own supply.
- Limbalt must be manually reloaded between engagements using the Resource Transfer screen, from another fleet with stored ordnance or from any planet the player controls. Players should always ensure that their ships are fully loaded before engaging in battle.
- Basic Ordnance Modules are unlocked from the start of the game, and are compatible with all hull types. Extended Ordnance modules have greater capacity, but must be unlocked through the relevant researches.
- At least one Ordnance Module is required as part of the Ship Design process if the ship has any Ordnance weapons fitted. Ordnance Modules can still be fitted if a ship has no ordnance weapons fitted (for resupplying other fleets, etc.).
|Small Extended Ordnance||2||S||450||180||270||0|
|Medium Extended Ordnance||2||M||1,350||540||810||0|
|Large Extended Ordnance||2||L||3,150||1,260||2100||0|
- Level: the tech-level
- Research: the technology that must be researched to unlock this item for use
- Size: Small, Medium or Large
- Capacity: how much weaponized limbalt can be stored
- Fa (Farsu): cost in farsu (added to ship total farsu cost)
- Credits: cost in credits (added to ship total credit cost)
- Build: build time in seconds (added to ship total build time)