From Outscape Wiki(Redirected from Mining System)
- This article describes the use of fleets to mine asteroid fields in system space. For resource extraction from planets, see Mining.
Asteroid Mining refers to the ability of specially-outfitted ships to extract resources from the coloured asteroid fields in star systems.
Each Star System will typically have between one and three asteroid fields, and the resources they contain can only be mined by fleets. In order to do this, a fleet must be fitted with two things:
- At least one Mining Module (see table below). Unlike other special modules, the flagship of a mining fleet does not require a Mining Module in order to mine asteroids.
- Cargo space to hold the extracted minerals.
Simply manoeuvre the fleet so that it is within the desired asteroid field and then click the Icon for mining on the Control Wheel of the fleet, illustrated in the image to the right. Unless interrupted, the fleet will mine that field until their available cargo space is full. The mining fleet will not receive resources incrementally - a full load will be deposited once the timer ticks down to zero. If the fleet is interrupted, a partial cargo load will be received depending on the time spent mining. It is also worth noting that if the field does not hold enough resources to fill the fleet to capacity once fully mined, the time required will not decrease proportionally. A countdown timer is provided, but no Notification will be sent when mining starts or finishes. For now, players should make a note of when their mining fleet is ready to be recalled to a planet to drop off the minerals harvested.
Only one ship in a fleet needs to have a Mining Module, but all ships in the fleet will share the cargo load as their capacity allows. Multiple Mining Modules in a fleet (on one or several ships) does increase the speed of mining, as their extraction rates stack. This means specialised high-speed mining ships can be left in the area of the asteroid field to mine, while general-purpose freighter fleets are flown in and out to receive the mined minerals.
Once exhausted, an asteroid field disappears and will not regenerate. Beron, Farsu, Limbalt & Ziryl asteroid fields have all been seen, but Olzine asteroid fields do not appear in the game. Starting systems typically have two fields, one of beron and one of farsu, as these are the resources that a starting player will need immediately.
|Compact Mining System||1||S||25||0.3||400||200|
|Asteroids Mining System||1||M||45||1||400||400|
|Compact Mining System Improved||2||S||25||0.6||800||400|
|Asteroids Mining System Improved||2||M||45||2||800||800|
|Compact Mining System High Speed||3||S||25||1.2||1,200||800|
|Asteroids Mining System High Speed||3||M||45||4||1,200||1,600|
- Level: the tech-level
- Research: the technology that must be researched to unlock this item for use
- Size: Small, Medium or Large
- PC (Power Consumption MWt): quantity of ship's power that will be consumed
- Mining: resource yield rate per hour
- Fa (Farsu): cost in farsu (added to ship total farsu cost)
- Credits: cost in credits (added to ship total credit cost)
- Build: build time in seconds (added to ship total build time)