From Outscape Wiki
- This article describes the Corvette module used to detect enemy minefields. For removing enemy minefields, see Minesweepers.
Mine Detectors are a type of special ship module used to detect enemy minefields.
- Mine detectors are only compatible with Corvette-class hulls
- Only one type of mine detector module is available, and must be unlocked through the relevant research
- Mine detectors require fuel (olzine) to activate
- Only the flagship of a fleet may activate a mine detector
- Having multiple ships with mine detectors in the same fleet does not improve their effectiveness or duration
- An activated mine detector will reveal any enemy minefields present in the flagship's Sensor radius, but will not remove or otherwise affect the minefield(s) in any way
- Fleets may move freely with an activated mine detector
- If the detecting fleet is attacked and survives, the detector will need to be manually re-activated
|Image||Name||Level||Research||Size||PC||Duration (H)||Fuel to activate||Fa||Credits|
- Name: The module's name.
- Level: The module's tech-level.
- Research: The technology that must be researched to unlock this module for use.
- Size: Small, Medium or Large.
- PC: Ship Power consumption in MWt.
- Duration: Duration of module activity in detecting minefields, in seconds.
- Fuel to activate: Olzine required for module activation.
- Fa: Module cost in farsu (added to ship total build cost).
- Credits: Module cost in credits (added to ship total build cost).
- If the fleet has minefield detecting capabilities the 'Mine Detector' button is available - clicking it activates the mine detector instantly
- While the mine detector is active the mine detector button is green and the duration the mine detector will remain active for is visible (when this countdown expires the fleet will no longer be able to detect minefields unless the mine detector is reactivated)
- Enemy minefields within the active mine detector's scanner range glow red. Hovering the red area reveals the minefield owner and the density of the minefield (your own minefields glow yellow)