From Outscape Wiki
Jettison pods are used to temporarily store cargo in deep space. Once a jettison pod has been dropped in space, any player/fleet can transfer resources to/from it.
They can be dropped anywhere, deep space, in a star system or in orbit of a planet. Jettison pods disintegrate after 24 hours and anything still inside is then lost. There is currently no limit on the resource quantity a jettison pod can hold, but this will likely change in the future.
- Drop resources for another fleet to collect without having to wait for it to arrive
- Leave resources for another player as part of a trade
- Lure a passing fleet into a trap
- Leave some resources for a neighbour as a random act of kindness :)
1.Open a fleet’s transfer screen.
2. Click the ‘Drop Jettison Pod’ button in the bottom left of the screen (only possible if 100 Farsu available to fleet).
3. Confirm you wish to use 100 Farsu to create and drop an empty jettison pod.
Once the jettison pod has been dropped it will immediately show up on the left of the transfer screen ready for selection and for resources to be transferred to it (see below).
Please note: at the moment you will need to exit the Transfer screen and then re-open it to see the jettison pod in the list of possible transfer targets.
1. To transfer resources between a fleet and jettison pod they must be at the same position. If they aren’t, use the fleet’s ‘Move to position’ command.
2. Open the fleet’s transfer screen and select the jettison pod from the list of objects on the left (any object at the same position as the fleet will also be listed).
3. Transfer resources in either direction between the jettison pod and the fleet.