From Outscape Wiki(Redirected from Fuel tanks)
Fuel Tanks are an important ship component used to store the mineral Olzine, which can then be used as fuel for Engines to achieve their rated Boosted Warp speed. These tanks can also be used to transfer olzine from non-colonised planets, or to transport olzine between player colonies.
- Fuel tanks are unlocked at the start of the game, and are compatible with all ship types.
- Fuel tanks are not required as part of the Ship Design process.
- Ships cannot travel at Boosted Warp speed if they do not have olzine in their fuel tanks, unless they are a part of a fleet that does contain other fuelled ships (as fuel is shared by all ships in a fleet). Fuel is never required to travel in system or at Free Warp speeds.
- Olzine stored in Fuel Tanks is required to activate several special modules (e.g. Cloak Detectors and Minesweepers) on ships.
|Small Fuel Tank||S||400||80||40||0|
|Medium Fuel Tank||M||1,200||240||120||0|
|Large Fuel Tank||L||2,800||560||280||0|
- Level: the tech-level
- Size: Small, Medium or Large
- Capacity: how much fuel (Olzine) a tank can hold
- Fa (Farsu): cost in farsu (added to ship total farsu cost)
- Credits: cost in credits (added to ship total credit cost)
- Build: build time in seconds (added to ship total build time)