From Outscape Wiki
For supporting organic secondary populations, see Bio-farms.
Farms increase the population size a colony can support.
- Farms only support the player's chosen Faction (Bio-farms support all organic populations on a planet: both primary and secondary populations, the player's own civ if they are playing an organic civ, and Minor Factions).
- Each additional farm further increases the population size that can be supported (until the population size reaches the planet's limit).
- Level 1 farms are available to a player from the start of a game (they don't need to be researched).
- Level 2 and 3 farms can be unlocked by performing the relevant research.
- Existing farms can be upgraded to the level above (if that level has been unlocked through research).
- It's not possible to construct a level 2 or 3 farm directly - only a level 1 (which can then be upgraded).
|Research to unlock||None||Advanced Hydroponics or Boosted Syntis Controller||Full Farm Automation or Miltithreading|
|Civilization specific names|
|Mankind||Hydroponic Farm||Hydroponic Farm Advanced||Hydroponic Farm Automated|
|People's Realm||Hydroponic Farm||Hydroponic Farm Advanced||Hydroponic Farm Automated|
|Ripchee||Hydroponic Farm||Hydroponic Farm Advanced||Hydroponic Farm Automated|
|Syntis||TB03 - Syntis Controller||TB03B - Syntis Controller||TB03MT - Syntis Controller|
- Each civilization starts off with access to level 1 farms.
- Level 2 and 3 farms can be unlocked by researching the relevant technology (see 'Research to unlock' in the table above).
Constructing and upgrading
- Level 1 farms can be constructed directly.
- Level 2 farms can be built only by upgrading a level 1 farm.
- Level 3 farms can be built only by upgrading a level 2 farm.
Stats & Upgrade Costs
|Mankind||Hydroponic Farm||1||Hydroponic Farm Advanced||25,000||5,000||0||10||2,500||300||720|
|Mankind||Hydroponic Farm||2||Hydroponic Farm Automated||30,000||5,000||0||10||3,000||1,500||3,600|
|People's Realm||Hydroponic Farm||1||Hydroponic Farm Advanced||25,000||5,000||0||10||2,500||300||720|
|People's Realm||Hydroponic Farm||2||Hydroponic Farm Automated||30,000||5,000||0||10||3,000||1,500||3,600|
|People's Realm||Hydroponic Farm||3||-||35,000||5,000||0||10||3,500||7,500||18,000|
|Ripchee||Hydroponic Farm||1||Hydroponic Farm Advanced||25,000||5,000||0||10||2,500||300||720|
|Ripchee||Hydroponic Farm||2||Hydroponic Farm Automated||30,000||5,000||0||10||3,000||1,500||3,600|
|Syntis||TB32 - Depositor||1||TB32D - Depositor||25,000||5,000||0||10||2,500||300||720|
|Syntis||TB32D - Depositor||2||TB32M - Depositor||30,000||5,000||0||20||3,000||1,500||3,600|
|Syntis||TB32M - Depositor||3||-||35,000||5,000||0||30||3,500||7,500||18,000|
- Level: the tech-level of the farm
- Upgrade: whether the farm can be upgraded to a higher level or not
- Supports: number of colonists that can be sustained
- Personnel: number of colonists required to operate (contributes to employment)
- Desirability: effect on colony happiness
- PC (Power Consumption MWt): amount of colony power required
- Be (Beron): cost in beron
- Credits: cost in credits
- Build: build time in seconds