From Outscape Wiki
This article describes the structure used to adjust the temperature on a planet. For land/water ratio adjustment, see Hydro Adjustment Station.
The Climate Station is a structure used to make incremental adjustments to a planet's environment, in order to shift the temperature towards that preferred by the player's chosen civilization. It can take multiple climate stations to achieve the necessary shift.
Climate stations will not "turn off" when there is a power shortage. This makes it possible to fully terraform planet before building any additional power plants. However, their power cost must be met before you can operate any other form of building on that planet. You can even deconstruct your starter Small Power Generator and these will still keep going. And this is recommended if you need to put more than two to make a world habitable.
- Climate Stations need to be unlocked by performing the relevant research.
- A Climate Station can be upgraded to the level above if the above level has been unlocked through research.
- It's not possible to construct a level 2 or 3 Climate Station directly - only a level 1 (which can then be upgraded).
Level 1, 2 and 3 climate stations each need to be unlocked separately by researching the relevant technology (see 'Research to unlock' in the table above).
Constructing and upgrading
- Level 1 climate stations can be constructed directly
- Level 2 climate stations can be built only by upgrading a level 1 climate station
- Level 3 climate stations can be built only by upgrading a level 2 climate station
Stats & Upgrade Costs
|Mankind||Climate Station||1||Climate Station 2||5||1,000||-5||30||2,000||500||720|
|Syntis||TB11T1 - Climate Station||1||TB11T2 - Climate Station||5||1,000||-5||30||2,000||500||720|
|Ripchee||Wind Rider||1||Wind Rider 2||5||1,000||-5||30||2,000||500||720|
|People's Realm||Climate Station||1||Climate Station 2||5||1,000||-5||30||2,000||500||720|
|Mankind||Climate Station 2||2||Climate Station 3||7||1,000||-5||30||3,000||2,500||3,600|
|Syntis||TB11T2 - Climate Station||2||TB11T3 - Climate Station||7||1,000||-5||30||3,000||2,500||3,600|
|Ripchee||Wind Rider 2||2||Wind Rider 3||7||1,000||-5||30||3,000||2,500||3,600|
|People's Realm||Climate Station 2||2||Climate Station 3||7||1,000||-5||30||3,000||2,500||3,600|
|Mankind||Climate Station 3||3||-||10||1,000||-5||30||4,000||12,500||18,000|
|Syntis||TB11T3 - Climate Station||3||-||10||1,000||-5||30||4,000||12,500||18,000|
|Ripchee||Wind Rider 3||3||-||10||1,000||-5||30||4,000||12,500||18,000|
|People's Realm||Climate Station 3||3||-||10||1,000||-5||30||4,000||12,500||18,000|
- Level: the tech-level
- Upgrade: whether the climate station can be upgraded
- Strength: the number of degrees by which the planet's temperature will be shifted per climate station
- Personnel: number of colonists required to operate (contributes to employment)
- Desirability: effect on colony happiness
- PC (Power Consumption MWt): amount of colony power required
- Be (Beron): cost in beron
- Credits: cost in credits
- Build: build time in seconds