From Outscape Wiki
Bloodthirst is a feature unique to the Snithereal. It enables them to eat a secondary organic population living on a planet they control to boost the Strength of their defending Troops, Happiness and population growth rate.
- Bloodthirst is managed from the Snithereal's population management screen.
- For this option to be available, the planet must be controlled by the Snithereal (with the player choosing them as their Major Faction) and there must be a secondary organic population on the planet. As a Robotic Faction, the Syntis cannot be eaten in this way.
- Bloodthirst can be set to a rate between 0 and 100, as illustrated in the panel above. The player can use the - and + buttons on the Management screen to adjust this rate, or type the desired value in manually.
- A rate of 0 disables Bloodthirst, while any rate above 0 enables it.
- When disabled, the Snithereal population's Happiness is negatively affected, as illustrated in the panel below.
- The Happiness of the secondary organic population is not affected while Bloodthirst is disabled.
- While enabled, the Snithereal will eat the other organic population, relative to the Bloodthirst rate set.
- While Bloodthirst is active, the Strength of defending Snithereal troops, Snithereal population growth rate and Snithereal Happiness (illustrated in the first panel below) are all boosted, with a higher rate giving a stronger boost.
- The boost to growth rate can enable the Snithereal to survive in environments which would otherwise be inhospitable to them while Bloodthirst is enabled.
- The secondary organic population's Happiness is negatively affected while Bloodthirst is active, with higher rates producing a larger negative effect (second panel below).
- The other organic population's growth rate may continue to be positive, depending on the Bloodthirst rate set. If set sufficiently high for a long time, it is possible for the Snithereal population to entirely consume the secondary population and remove it from the planet.
Usage while Attacking
When a Snithereal force invades a colony comprised of Organic Factions, a Bloodthirst multiplier is applied to the Strength of the attacking troops, doubling it to x1.6. This boost is not applied if a Syntis population is present.
- The negative impact on a Snithereal population's Happiness while Bloodthirst is disabled is due to their being upset that a good food source is going to waste. When activated, other organic Factions do not like being eaten, hence the negative effect on their Happiness.