Military Bases are structures which train and support troops:
- Your empire has no troops until they are trained in military bases.
- Troops defend your planets from invasions, or can be used to raid and/or capture other player's planets.
- Troops are regular colonists that have received military training (e.g. they are supported by Farms and contribute to employment).
- Troops stationed on a planet will fight to defend it if it's invaded ,as part of the planet's defensive force along with the Home Guard.
- Troops can also be loaded on to fleets using Assault Troop Carriers, for transfer to another colony to defend it or to attack another player's colony.
- A military base automatically trains troops until it reaches the maximum number of troops it can support.
- If troops are then lost or transferred off the colony, more troops are automatically trained until the base is full.
- The more military bases you construct, the more troops your empire can train per hour.
- Military bases can only support a fixed maximum number of troops.
- If the total number of troops on a planet is greater than the total that planet's military bases can support, troop numbers gradually decline (they desert, lose discipline, equipment fails, etc.). This can happen if troops are transferred to - or invade - a colony without enough military bases.
- To halt troop decline, construct more bases or transfer excess troops onto fleets.
- Each civilization starts off with access to level 1 military bases.
- Level 2 and 3 military bases can be unlocked by researching the relevant technology (see 'Research to unlock' in the table above).
Constructing and upgrading
- Level 1 military bases can be constructed directly.
- Level 2 military bases can be built only by upgrading a level 1 military base.
- Level 3 military bases can be built only by upgrading a level 2 military base.
Stats & Upgrade costs
|Civ||Name||Level||Upgrade||Troops Supported||Training Speed||Personnel||Desirability||PC||Be||Credits||Build|
|Mankind||Military Base||1||Military Base Improved||1,500||25.20||2,000||0||15||2,000||200||720|
|Mankind||Military Base Improved||2||Military Base Automated||1,700||50.40||2,000||0||15||2,500||1,000||3,600|
|Mankind||Military Base Automated||3||-||1,900||100.80||2,000||0||15||3,000||5,000||18,000|
|People's Realm||Military Base||1||Military Base Improved||1,500||25.20||2,000||2||15||2,000||200||720|
|People's Realm||Military Base Improved||2||Military Base Automated||1,700||50.40||2,000||2||15||2,500||1,000||3,600|
|People's Realm||Military Base Automated||3||-||1,900||100.80||2,000||2||15||3,000||5,000||18,000|
|Ripchee||Military Base||1||Military Base Improved||1,500||25.20||2,000||0||15||2,000||200||720|
|Ripchee||Military Base Improved||2||Military Base Automated||1,700||50.40||2,000||0||15||2,500||1,000||3,600|
|Ripchee||Military Base Automated||3||-||1,900||100.80||2,000||0||15||3,000||5,000||18,000|
|Syntis||TB01 - Force Spawner||1||TB01NG - Force Spawner||1,500||25.20||2,000||0||15||2,000||200||720|
|Syntis||TB01NG - Force Spawner||2||TB01PU - Force Spawner||1,700||50.40||2,000||0||15||2,500||1,000||3,600|
|Syntis||TB01PU - Force Spawner||3||-||1,900||100.80||2,000||0||15||3,000||5,000||18,000|
- Level: the tech-level of the military base
- Upgrade: whether the military base can be upgraded
- Troops supported: number of troops the base can support
- Training speed: number of troops trained per hour
- Personnel: number of colonists required to operate (contributes to employment)
- Desirability: effect on colony happiness
- PC (Power Consumption MWt): amount of colony power required
- Be (Beron): cost in beron
- Credits: cost in credits
- Build: build time in seconds