Assault Troop Carriers
From Outscape Wiki
- This article describes the ship module used for transporting troops for planetary combat. For general movement of colonists, see Personnel Transport. For colonizing unclaimed planets, see Colonization Module.
Assault Troop Carriers are a type of ship module that are exclusive to Frigate, Corvette and Cruiser-class ships. Players do not start with the ability to construct them; the required technology is part of the Shipbuilding tech tree.
As the name suggests, each Carrier module holds a number of Assault Troops, which can be used to raid or conquer a planet held by another player. The total amount of Assault Troops in all modules across a fleet is combined to determine the outcome of an attack. The carrier must be loaded using colonists from the population of troops on a planet under the player's control. These troops can then be transported to attack, or moved to help defend another of the player's colonies.
Assault Troop Carriers are one of the few ship modules in the game to increase the total build time of a ship design incorporating them.
|Small Assault Troop Carrier||S||2,000||50||750||60|
|Medium Assault Troop Carrier||M||6,000||150||2,250||180|
|Large Assault Troop Carrier||L||14,000||350||5,250||480|
- Name: The module's name.
- Level: The module's tech-level.
- Research: The technology that must be researched to unlock this module for use.
- Size: Small, Medium or Large.
- Capacity: How many assault troops can be carried in the module.
- Fa: Module cost in farsu (added to ship total build cost).
- Credits: Module cost in credits (added to ship total build cost).
- Build: Module build time in seconds (added to ship total build time).